Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers is a not-for-profit, 89-bed hospital located 55 miles southwest of Chicago in the heart of Grundy County. We are best known for our compassionate and personalized approach to care.
Need Help Managing Diabetes?
The Morris Hospital Diabetes Education Center offers a number of resources for individuals with a diagnosis of diabetes and their family members, ranging from free education classes, to one-on-one education with a certified diabetes educator. Click here for more information...
- August 12, 2014 -- "Because my sister had died of breast cancer, I was frightened when I found a nodule in my breast. I stopped by the hospital to see if a mammogram had been ordered. Much to my surprise and to my relief, Carrie, who does mammograms worked me into her busy schedule within an hour and a half of my arrival. Thank you, Carrie, you are certainly a great asset to the great reputation of Morris hospital. Others at the registration and scheduling desk were very kind also."
- October 22, 2014 -- "I love Morris Hospital and I have never had a bad experience. I have cirrosis of the liver and they saved my life at Christmas time. The doctors were wonderful and the nurses were fabulous. I wouldn't go to any other hospital. Thank you Morris Hospital staff. You are great!!!!"
- July 19, 2014 -- "We live in Woodsmoke Ranch during the summer months, and of course all my regular doctors are back south in Florida. I had double knee replacement in Florida four years ago and while at Woodsmoke I recently twisted my left knee which ended up sending me to Morris hospital by ambulance (Seneca, great ambulance service). I cannot say enough about the excellent service and caring staff at the hospital from the emergency room through the in patient services to the food service. EXCELLENT HOSPITAL."
- Babysitter’s Training Course Saturday, September 5, 2015
- I Can Cope - Support Group Thursday, September 10, 2015
- Heart Failure Support Group Thursday, September 10, 2015
- Morris Hospital Cancer Program Earns National Accreditation with Commendation
The Morris Hospital cancer program has received a Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation from the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons based on results of a voluntary on-site survey.
- Morris Hospital Brings Laboratory Services to Dwight
Morris Hospital has added laboratory services to its Dwight Healthcare Center at 101 S. Prarie Avenue, making a total of seven laboratory specimen collection sites.
- Morris Hospital Environmental Services Associate Honored as Fire Starter of the Month
Morris resident Betty Lenik doesn't like to be idle. An Environmental Services Associate in the Surgery department at Morris Hospital, Lenik prefers to be on the move, constantly helping others to assure everything is flowing smoothly. She was named Morris Hospital's Fire Starter of the Month for July.